Christmas Card

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Christmas 1991, Marion, Massachusetts



This was my third Christmas Card illustration. It was done from another Holiday House Tour, this one in Marion Massachusetts. The framing borrows heavily from the glass engraving that I was doing at the time for Pairpoint. The details include an array of toy rocking horses on the bookshelf, along with an angel tree top. Interestingly, this picture was done while I was spending a month in Venezuela, so I have memories of both the winter, and working on this in the tropical sun. Included amongst the tree decorations are a number of sailboats, along with an hour glass, teddy bears and candy canes. I wanted to make the easy chair look inviting, and worked a lot with the lighting to provide the chair with an inviting, casual appearance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home